Monday 1 August 2011

The day the ship came in





Marcel Duvenage and i went to see if mabee we could take some photos of the ship that washed up on our shores. 

It felt like an attractive idea at first, but on arrival after a few moments of seeing this mammoth steel structure, helplessly wedged into the rocks, they joy of the moment began to fade away.

Luckilly, i bought a toy soldier with me from the same platoon with which i produced  a short stopmotion film (check the video here)


I think, i may have been asking myself, how could i add value to this experience?
I think the experiment may have manifested from boredom, but their seems to be evidence of playfullness and a mild sense of playfull violence....

It was however a worthwile experiment......

I wanted to mention, that their was a few thousand tons of oil on the ship, that was successfully drained with Zero spillage.
I decided not to harp on about a cause,that was close to my heart so i could make you feel guilty about doing your part for the environment in order for me to sell my product.

Thats not going to happen, but i am learning alot about reflecting on the motivations of my actions....but what i have learned so far is that Changeroom Products are guilt free with an attention to creating my own aesthetic, thats also recycled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy shop